Terms of Service
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your account / username
- You may not post nude, partially nude, or sexually suggestive content
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other users of the service
- You may not use the service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the service.
- You must not access the service private API by any other means other than the ucomment.me website and the provided web browser extension of the service.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from the service including but not limited to user profiles and annotations.
- You must not create or submit unwanted comments or any other content to any service members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not use web URLs in your name without prior written consent from the service.
- You must not, in the use of the service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your account with the service. While the service prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that the service cannot be responsible for the posted Content and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse the service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
- We reserve the right to remove Content after its lifetime (time span since Content is published) has expired, regardless of Content visibility or any other setting.
Proprietary Rights in Content on UComment
- UComment does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the UComment Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Services, you hereby grant to UComment a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly ("private") will not be distributed outside the UComment Services.
- Some of the UComment Services can be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that UComment may place such advertising and promotions on the UComment Services or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the UComment Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the UComment Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site or via Browser extension does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the UComment Services.
- The UComment Services contain Content of UComment ("UComment Content"). UComment Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and UComment owns and retains all rights in the UComment Content and the UComment Services. UComment hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the UComment Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with using the UComment Services.
- The UComment Services contain Content of Users and other UComment licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the UComment Services.
- UComment performs technical functions necessary to offer the UComment Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the UComment Services.
- Although the Site and other UComment Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or other UComment Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of the Service. Also, although UComment will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, UComment reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by UComment in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, UComment encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, UComment is not a backup service. UComment will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the UComment Services, or the loss of any Content.